katrina v. katrina

Friday, September 02, 2005

 • Thirteen

ring

"Hello?"

"Hi, I'm almost to Louisiana. I got a quick signal so I called to say 'I love you.'"

"I love you."

crackle

silence

I knew this was going to happen, but I guess I wasn't prepared for it. There may be no more communication for a very long time.

It's like when the first manned orbiter was coming back from space and upon reentry, there was a communications blackout (that always happens, but we didn't know it at the time) and the Houston control center sat stunned not knowing if the orbiter burned up on re-entry or what.

Thirteen Seconds later, it showed up again.

It may be Thirteen Hours for me.

Or more.

4 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous shirley said...

"blonde" should send you my info - i'm in memphis - got room to keep her and/or her mom or dogs or ... whatever I can do to help!

Shirley

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Ric said...

Thanks!

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Michelle & Herd said...

I'm on the NPM list too... please know we are thinking about Katrina during this scary and stressful journey. I hope she finds her mom and grandma safe and sound... maybe they are just without communication. Or maybe they did wind up being evacuated and are safely resting elsewhere... I'm hoping for the best for you and your family.

Michelle & Herd (which includes 3 rescued Danes)

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Amanda Ream said...

IT's nice to see the NPM community reaching out to help Katrina. I knew there were some kind souls left there. I wish her the best and I am literally sick thinking about what she could see and or encounter. Please know that all of us here at Manchester Metals miss you Katrina. Godspeed hun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker